- View is the actual output OAF page what an end user can able to see.
- In Oracle Apps Framework View is implemented using UIX technology, whereas UIX means User Interface XML.
- Whenever we run the page in JDeveloper then automatically UIX will generate web.xml file.
- The power of UIX is that allows metadata to be translated to an HTML page for a web browser or mobile device browsers.
- The generated web.xml file will be converted into HTML format of OAF page.
- Since web.xml file here will work as a cache memory.
- Whenever we want to move the web.xml file into the server side then MDS repository is used to move the web.xml file into the server.
- MDS stands for Meta Data Service and in the application top we will be having MDS folder.
- When we deploy all the OAF page destination paths, regions then the files will be stored into the MDS tables.
- The MDS table are like:
JDR_Paths:Stores the path of the documents, OA Framework pages and their parent child relationship.
JDR_Components:Stores components on documents and OA Framework pages.
JDR_Attributes:Stores attributes of components on documents and OA Framework pages.
JDR_ATTRIBUTES_TRANS:Stores translated attribute values of document components or OA framework pages.
JDR_DOCUMENT_ID_S: This is a sequence generator table.
- MDS can be managed using standard database procedures and tools.