The entire Database related transactions in OAF pages will be taken care by the MODEL.
- Model is where the application implements business logic.
- Model will implement all the Data Base transactions.
- Model component is implemented using BC4J where BC4J is Business Component for Java.
- BC4J consists of three components:
- Entity Object and Entity Associations
- View Objects and View Links
- Application Module
Model contains six components including BC4J components, additionally the other three components are:
- Callable Statement
- Prepare Statement
- OADB Transactions
Callable statement is used to call a PL/SQL statements, Prepare statements are used if we are using single SELECT statement, and OADB transactions will take care of Oracle APPS related Data Base transactions.