What is Jenkins?
Jenkins is an open-source continuous integration tool. The functionality of Jenkins is to keep track of version control system & initiate, monitor build system if changes occur.
SCM tools supported by Jenkins?
It supports the following tools:
Requirements for the use of Jenkins?
- Source code repository which can be accessible, Git repository, instance.
- Script already working & built e.g maven script.
Commands used for starting Jenkins manually?
We can use the following commands to start manually:
Plugins that are mostly used for Jenkins?
Useful plugins for Jenkins:
- HTML publisher.
- Maven2 project.
- Copy artifact.
- Amazon EC2.
How to copy, move Jenkins from one to another server?
- By making a clone of a job directory with a different name you can copy Jenkins.
- By renaming the existing job via renaming a directory could be done.
- Copy the linked job directory & slide job from one to another installation.
Jenkins is integrated with 2 components what are they?
The 2 components are:
Tools like apache maven & SVN, GIT(version control systems).
Advantages of Jenkins?
Following are the advantages of Jenkins:
- At integration stage, build failures are cached.
- Maven release projects are automated by using simple steps.
- Plugin support is in large scale.
- At an early stage, bugs can be identified in the development environment.
- The code is improved iteratively.
Notify the difference between Jenkins, Maven & ant?
Jenkins is an open-source continuous integration tool whereas ant & maven are Build technologies.
Steps to setup Jenkins jobs?
Step by step procedure:
- Select item forms the menu.
- Enter the name of the job → free-style job.
- Press OK to continue & create a new job in Jenkins.
- Configure you jon in the next page.
Tool used for configuration & provisioning?
Ansible-It is an agent with less config management as well orchestration tool. The configuration modules are called ‘Playbooks’. Ansible can be used for more of cloud provisioning.
Minimum JRE required for a run of Jenkin 2.1?
JRE8 or Else JDK8