General Developer Responsibilities
- Getting and under standing given documents, if there are any errors raising the request, once there are clarified working on them
- After finishing every task, need to do reconciliation and unit testing
- Identifying long running queries, scripts and tuning
- Understanding various indexes and using appropriately in the queries
- Identifying in the eliminating spool spaces, skewness issues
- According to the business functionality, creating, manipulations various script of BTEQ,FL, ml etc.
- Having good knowledge on data and dimensional modeling
- Working with various Unix commands day to day like LS, Grep, Wc, SCd, TEE etc
- As Teradata developer, responsible for maintaining all DBA functions (development, test, production) in operation 24×7.
- Performance tuning, including collecting statistics, analyzing explains & determining which tables needed statistics. Increased performance by 35-40% in some situations.
- Multiload, BTEQ, created & modified databases, performed capacity planning, allocated space, granted rights for all objects within databases, etc
- Moved databases between machines.
- Installed patch sets and upgraded Teradata.
- Automated data warehousing and datamart refreshes using Transportable table space option.
- Worked on creating and managing the partitions.
- Performed database health checks and tuned the databases using Teradata Manager.
- Deliver new and complex high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements and Creating and managing user accounts.
- Installed Teradata drivers for the teradata utilities.
- Refreshed the data by using fastexport and fastload utilities.
- Used Teradata Administrator and Teradata Manager Tools for monitoring and control the system.
- Creating and modifying MULTI LOADS for Informatica using UNIX and Loading data into IDW.
- Loading data from various data sources and legacy systems into Teradata production and warehouse using BTEQ, FASTEXPORT, MULTI LOAD, FASTLOAD and Informatica.
- With the in-depth expertise in the Teradata cost based query optimizer, identified potential bottlenecks with queries from the aspects of query writing, skewed redistributions, join order, optimizer statistics, physical design considerations (PI and USI and NUSI and JI etc) etc. In-depth knowledge of Teradata Explain and Visual Explain to analyze and improve query performance.
- Working as an On-Site Teradata Lead DBA, doing DBA activities that are Implementation of data and table-level security, setting up access rights and space rights for Teradata environment. Performance tuning, Monitoring and reporting Review system utilization by user.
- Acted as a liaison between the offshore and onsite teams.
Responsibility of production support people?
- Monitoring the given scheduling tool
- For the fail jobs need to raise defects in defect training tools clear quest, drop a mail to production manager/production head
- Production vendor
Note: For seeing the data in flat file Generally we go for ULTER Real time
How do you connect your server and how are you working with your corresponding tools?
StartRunMSTSC[Remote Desktop server]
What type data loading in your project?
There are different load
What is Granularity of you project?
We having Granularity, the lowest Granularity is day wist
The level of data loading
Explain semi complex issue in your project?
Having duplicate in the tables(pay using queries we use to resolve it)
Working with error table and exception handling table[identifying the error in the tables reflecting file, table later loading it]
Multiple record opening issues
Multiple record Closing issues
[we had separate process to resolve this issue]
Spool space issue and Resolution, identifying skewness and resolution identifying long Running query in tuning etc.
Tell some your Dimension and fact table in your project?
Refer to the material/Blog for dimension fact table structure and there Logic.
Can you start some thinking your side
Can you tell some thinking your self