What you should Already know
Before you continue you should have a basic understanding of the following.
HTML and CSS.
A scripting language is a light weight programming language.
Since it is an interpreted language inside the context of a web browser, you don’t even need to buy a compiler.
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX:
Macromedia HomeSite 5:
The ECMAScript is the standard for scripting languages.
Any text between the characters /* and */ is treated as a comment. This may span multiple lines
// This is a comment. It is similar to comment in C++
It is very similar to comments in C programming
- Follow Tools – > Internet options from menu
- Select Security tab from the dialog box
- Click the Custom level button
- Scroll down till you find Scripting option
- Select Enable radio button under Active scripting
- Finally click OK and come out
- Follow Tools – > Preferences
from the menu
- Select Advanced option from the dialog box.
- Select Content from the listed items
- Finally click ok and come out.
- Numbers eg. 123,120.50 etc
- Strings of text eg. “This text string” etc
- Boolean e.g true or false.
you can add no script block immediately after the script block as follows: