SAP HR Interview Questions
1. Which are the sub-modules in SAP HR?
Following are the modules in SAP-HR —
-Recruitment -Personnel Administration
-Training and Event Management
-Personnel Time Management
-MSS – Manager Self Service
-ESS – Employee Self Service
2. Describe the various structures in SAP – HR?
Structures are required to represent statutory, regional, and organizational conditions in an organization. Following are three structures in SAP HR.
–Enterprise Structure – gives Information about the location of work on an employee. It comprises of Client, Company Code, Personnel Area, and Personnel Sub-area
–Personnel Structure – gives information about the employees job function. It comprises of Employee Group and Employee Subgroup
–Organizational Structure – gives relations between employee and his corresponding departments or business unit. It comprises of organizational plan, which includes Job, position, organizational unit etc.
3. What is an Infotype?
Individual Information such as last name, first name, DOB etc is defined in data fields. Data fields are grouped into information units according to their content, these information units are called Infotypes. Infotypes have names and 4 digit keys.
For Ex. Infotype 0002 is for Personal Data, which stores Employees Full Name, Date of Birth, etc.
An Infotype can have a sub-type.
Infotypes are classified as follows
1000 – 1999 == OM related
2000 – 2999 == Time related
9000 and above Customer Specific
4. What Time Constraint 1 on an Infotype ?
Infotype with Time Constraint 1(TC 1) must be unique, i.e. only one valid record can exist for a given period. There can be no gaps between the records. When we add a new record to an Infotype with TC1, the system delimits the overlapping record on the key date and adds new record
5. How can you maintain information for an Infotype?
To maintain information in an Infotype you could use –
PA30 – Personal Administration Maintenance
PA40 – Personal Actions
Alternatively, Fast Entry Screen.
6. Which Personal Actions have you performed on an employee?
Change Organizational Unit/Position
Change of Pay
7. Where are payroll results stored?
Payroll results are store in PCL2 cluster, which can be accessed using the transaction pc_payresult
8. What is Matchcode W?
Match Code W provides a list of all personnel numbers in the selected payroll area that have been rejected by the payroll run because of incorrect data. This means that the payroll has not run for them successfully. Personnel numbers are also included in Matchcode W if personnel data is changed in the correction phase of the payroll run.
9. List the Time Related Infotypes that you have used?
2001 – Absences
2002 – Attendances
2003 – Substitutions
2007- Time Quotas
0007- Personnel Work Schedule
10. How would record time in your SAP HR system?
We can record time using one of the following methods
-Online by time administrators
-Separate time recording systems
-Cross-Application Time Sheet (CATS)
-Employee Self-Service (ESS) applications
-Customer systems with an interface to the R/3 System
11. What is PROCESSING CLASS, where we do them and why?
Wage type characteristic that determines how processing is conducted during the payroll run.
12. What is EVALUTION PATH, where do we do it and why?
A chain of relationships between objects in a hierarchical structure. for eg. O-S-P(Organization->Position->Person).
13.What is INTERNAL PAYROLL PROCESS?
Payroll process(program) is run at a specific point in time, not only to calculate an employee’s basic remuneration but also any special payments, overtime payments or bonuses that must be effected for the period in question.
14. What is meant by payscale structure? How did you configure pay scale structure? (I said I created various payroll areas and defaulted them using the feature ABKRS. Seemed he was expecting more than this from me.)
Pay Scale Structure means creation of Payroll area , Pay scale type,area, group and levels with EmpSub group grouping for PCR & CAP’s.
15. How do you import pay scale data from non SAP to SAP? (Somebody told me that there’s a tool called LEGACY to transfer non SAP data to SAP. I said the same. Is it the same for payroll also? He wanted a clearer explanation of how I did it.
Yes you have to say from which transaction code you are transferring data from Non SAP in to sap.
16. What is meant by a schema? (I said I’m only aware that it is a set of rules which is copied and renamed, but never worked on that.)
No, you have to say him that schema is a set of instructions ( Programs ) modified as per requirements and its process is to collect the data as from all the defined instructions with sub schemas and PCR’s. As I was not authorised to work on them I know just the process of schemas only, (you should have said like this.)
17. How do you restrict the data to be entered in payroll area?
No, data is entered in a payroll area , but the employees are defined depending on their payscale structure. If you are restricting any data to be entered for pay strcs this is for indirectly for payroll area.
18. What is meant by authorization? Did you ever work on it?
Authorisations are the transactions given to the end users or the developers for only some areas to work, infotyopes, transaction codes, org units and others depending on the requirement of the client or the developing enterprise. Check this at PFCG tcode.
19. What is the difference between Indian and US Payroll. (I said each of them have their own ITs and the taxation differs.)
Yes it correct and even you have to say about the Benefits which are more important in US. In US unemployment tax will come. Garnishments will come, Residence taxation, Work tax and others, you have to say it in broad way then only they can know that you are working, or confident enough.
20. How do you differentiate Tax for different countries?
Taxation has so many use exits to be created which means it all happens only from the new versions which SAP Releases.
21. What is meant by slab? How is Indian slab and US slab? (He was talking about some %ages. I don’t know what they are. )
Grouping of employees depending on their allowances and PERKS is nothing but Slab system and it also even comes for Professional Tax.
22. What are Dynamic Actions? Give a few examples. What are the IT’s you used in them. (I know only Birth of Child action, and the IT’s used in it are Personal Data, Additional Payments)
Dynamic actions which are triggered by the system. They are result of some personnel action. If you make a change (personnel action) to the personnel data of an info type that then has an effect on the data of a second info type, the system automatically displays the info type. One of the main purpose of the dynamic action (of the system) is to have a consistent and coherent data. These actions are started automatically by the system, unlike the Personnel actions which you start by yourself. The best example is when you carry out an action lets say hiring, you need to populate a set of info types. Your initial entry of details in infotype 0000 is personnel action. When you do this system automatically displays next infotpes- which is result of dynamic action
23. What is Qualification Deficiency? How will you come to know that a Person does not have certain skills/qualifications? (This was posed after I said that I worked on Training and Events also).
Generally the required qualifications are stored in Required Qualifications (Infotype 5129). So any deficient qualifications can be viewed in this infotype.
What is IT 41 used for? How do I default IT 41?
Date Specifications (Info type 0041). The following information is recorded in the Date Specifications info type (0041). The Date type specifies the type of information. A concrete Date type (specified by the user) is used in a series of reports, for example to evaluate an entry date that cannot be derived from the organizational assignment history but which is stored in the Date Specifications info type(0041). This info type can be used in payroll as well as for the leave program. The standard system contains twelve combinations of Date type and Date. If you require more than twelve date specifications for an employee at the same time, you can use time constraint 3.
25. Suppose the client wants me the vacancy to be displayed on a website as well as ESS. How should I do it? (I only know ESS means Employee Self Service, please explain about ESS also).
Employee Self-Service enables employees to create, display, and change their own HR-related data in the Enterprise Portal generally related to. Benefits and Payments,, Working Time, Career and Job, Employee Search, Personal Data, Travel Management, Corporate Information and Life and Work Events. So the kind of data the employees can edit, change or delete depending upon the authorizations the employees (users and roles) have. The authorization to have access to the vacancies by employees is given, generally the vacancies will be displayed for all the employees i.e all the employees will have authorizations.
26. What is internal recruitment ?
Internal recruitment is search for internal applicants. when you integrate with personal development, you can use profile match up which help to search for resources internally.
Also In recruitment it is represented by ‘P’ as Person and ‘AP” as external person.
27. What are problems generally faced while posting result to FICO ?
Normally mismatching of amount get posted.
28. What is controlling area, what does it do, and how were is it assigned ?
Controlling area is under of FI person which helps to set for costing purposes also based on the fiscal variant is set.
29. What is the purpose of creating symbolic a/c, what is transaction code for same ? Can we assign one symbolic a/c to multiple wage types ?
It depends upon your payroll requirement to create salary head like expense account etc.
30. What is REPORT VARIANT FOR OFF CYCLE ACTIVITIES, what do we do in this step ?
Variant is to save all input field parameters. once you saved as a variant , you can use the same for future purposes.
31. If we have to create multiple positions, what method OR tool we can use to avoid errors due to creating them manually.
You can create multiple position by LSMW or batch programs for the Tcode PP01 or PPOCE
32. What do is LANDSCAPE in SAP Project, I think its related to no. of servers used, Pls correct me if I am wrong, Or what it is ?
It is related to Basis
33. What is the role of a administrator in PA ?
To restrict access to Personnel administration based on PA/PSA.
Administrator: we come across for Personnel administration, Time management, and Payroll in sap .
Each administrator is responsible for each individual activity. You can get the name of the administrator in the pay slip so the employee for any clarification he can meet the responsible administrator (accessed through payslip)
This administrator (is created in PA of PM) is responsible for recruitment.
34. What is go live actually ? What is the role of a functional consultant in it ?
Go live is transferring of data from Development server to Production server.
Development —–> Quality server
In Quality you need to Unit, Integration testing, Once it is OK in Quality server,
Then you need
Development —-> Production
35. How to group employees for their allowances in payroll?
Go to basic salary of India in Payroll India and group the employee first depending on the allowances to be paid and this is
applied for even differentiating the employees into groups depending on their pay structures.
36. In OM, how to get the details for group of employees (ex.) group of Drivers in the organisation?
Drivers can be identified depending on their position at which they are working and you can have a different job codes for them who do you want to look into.
37. How is Time management and payroll is integrated?
TM MGMT and Payroll are integrated in ways are time data is collected from the info type 0007 and these hours are taken in basic as Number of hours worked or utilized, and even with time evaluation and last with schemas integration.
X000 schema carries xt00 and these data can be transferred between other modules.
38. What are the other modules integrated with OM?
OM contains all the modules to be integrated, depending client requirement it is done. As OM-PA, OM -RECT, OM-BENEFITS, OM-TRAINING & EVENT MGMT, OM – PD AND OTHERS.
CHECK THIS BY GOING TO IMG –> CTRL F AND GIVE INTEGRATION WITH OM )
CHECK ALL OF THEM , GO FOR PROGRAM
RHINTE00 PHINTE10 , PRHINTE20 , PHINTE30 AND 40 ALSO.