Microsoft Dynamics CRM Interview Questions
Following are some of the most frequently asked Microsoft dynamics CRM interview questions in the interview, here are the answers to them.
- What is the difference between Dialogs and workflow
Dialogs refer to synchronous processes which require user input, a wizard-like an interface. Whereas Workflow refers to Asynchronous process which requires no user input and it is a background process
- What is Plug-in?
A plug-in is a custom business logic which functions for integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Microsoft Dynamics CRM online. This integrating is to augment or modify the standard behavior of the platform.
- What is workflow
workflow involves the automation of business processes from one party to another whose actions are in accordance with a set of rules.
- What is the difference between plug-in and workflow with regard to security restrictions?
The user requires a system admin or system customizer security role and membership in the development administrator group, in order to register a plug-in with the platform. Whereas, the user can use the web application for workflow.
- When will you use workflow?
The answer would be, it depends on the characteristics of the task that is under consideration. And the same thing applies to plug-in.
- What is E-mail router in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
E-mail router in MS CRM forms the software component which creates an interface between the Organization’s messaging system and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM deployment.
- Should my Active Directory Domain have Microsoft Exchange Server installed in it?
No, it is not necessary. One can use in-house or external SMTP and POP3 services.
- How can you enable or disable the form assistant? And how to be sure that the form assistant is expanded or not?
One can use the following pathway to ensure this– Navigate to Customization >> Open the Entity >> Open Forms and Views >> Open Form >> Select Form Properties >> Open Display Tab >> Check/Uncheck the “Enable the Form Assistant” and “Expanded by Default”.
- What is meant by Metadata services of MSCRM?
The metadata of MSCRM holds the information about the attribute and the entity. For instance, platform name, datatype of attribute, size of the attribute, display name, etc
- What is Discovery Services?
The discovery services function for determining the correct organization and URL. MSCRM has many servers, each of which it, might be dedicated to multiple organization.
- What is ‘Append’ and ‘Append To’ privilege in MSCRM? Give one example of it?
‘Append’ and ‘Append To’ privileges works together. ‘Append To’ privilege will allow other entities to get attached to the entity. ‘Append’ privilege will allow the entity to attach the records to the entity with ‘Append To’ privilege.
Let us understand this with a simple example:
Let us say that you want to attach a note to a case then note entity should have ‘Append’ access right and case entity should have ‘Append To’ access right.
Let us take one more example to understand this. Suppose you have two custom entities called ‘TestCustomEntity1’ and ‘TestCustomEntity2’. You want to attach the ‘TestCustomeEntity2’ records to ‘TestCustomEntity1’records. For this, you need to have ‘Append’ access right on ‘TestCustomEntity1’ entity and ‘Append To’ access right on ‘TestCustomEntity2’.
Now guess will I be able to attach the records? The answer is “NO” because we need to create a 1 : N relationship between ‘TestCustomEntity1’ and ‘TestCustomEntity2’.
Now the user who has above-mentioned access right in his security role will only be able to add ‘TestCustomEntity2’ records to ‘TestCustomEntity1’.
- How to create a Custom Entity record using SDK?
Using Dynamic Entity.
- How to join two table using Query Expression?
Using Linked entity. You should always try to minimize the number of SWS calls that we make in the database. Often during code review, it is explored that the number of Microsoft CRM web-service could have been reduced by making use of the Linked-entity concept. So we should always look for the opportunity to minimize the effort.
- Can we modify the name of Root Business Unit?
No; We will have to re-install MSCRM.
- Suppose if I have 20 user license and I have created 20users. What will happen if I create 21st User?
The 21st User will get created in MSCRM but that user will be in disabled state.
- What is the maximum number of tabs allowed on a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 form?
- How to enable/disable the form assistant? How to make sure the form assistant is expanded/collapsed on a form?
Ans: Navigate to Customization >> Open the Entity >> Open Forms and Views >> Open Form >> Select Form Properties >> Open Display Tab >> Check/Uncheck the “Enable the Form Assistant” and “Expanded by Default”.
- What is your CRM experience?
A summary of CRM experience, your CRM career journey.
Mention – Roles and experience, concentrate on the most relevant experience for the role
- Tell me about your last CRM project?
Mention- Mention different customizations, difficulties experienced and how you overcame them. Show what skills you used and will bring to the role.
- What development tools do you use for CRM development?
Mention – CRM Developer toolkit, XrmToolkit, Ribbon Workbench, Plugin Registration. Tools used in CRM development which you use.
- When do you use managed and unmanaged solutions?
Mention – Discuss your experiences with Solutions, how you used them. How would you use solutions?
- What are the disadvantages of managed and unmanaged solutions?
Explain when to use managed solutions and when to use unmanaged solutions. Solutions are a key part of releasing the customizations to the customer if done badly can cause problems and waste time.
MS CRM Interview Questions
- How do you set up your CRM solutions?
Mention – Your experiences or ideas of how you think solutions should be created. There is no right or wrong way
- What are the potential problems with multiple developers working on a project?
Mention – How you have developed solutions with a team of developers and what problems can arise.
- How do you debug a plugin?
Mention – How you debug, e.g. Unit Test, console app, Remote Debugging or plugin registration tool
Mention – Pressing the F12 key and getting your breakpoints setup and hit. If you haven’t done this, try it out, it’s awesome.
- Have you integrated CRM with other systems, what was it and did you have any problems?
Mention – Any experience you have, problems you experienced and how you overcame them.
- How do you estimate CRM customizations?
Mention – explain how you estimate customizations. e.g. breaking up the work into smaller chunks, taking into account risks and experience.
- Tell me about a project which went wrong, what were the reasons for the problems, how did you cope?
Mention – The lessons learned and how you avoid potential problems.
- How do you test your code?
Mention – Unit testing knowledge and experience if you have it. Your process of testing code.
- Explain how pre-validate, pre and post are different plugins?
Mention – Plugin stages, images and when you use each.
- How are Asynchronous and synchronous plugins different?
Mention – Time. Synchronous plugins must run straight away, async plugins can be delayed.
- What is a common cause of plugin bugs?
Mention – The most common error is an infinite loop caused by updating fields, which triggers the plugin to run again and again
- What is early binding, what are the benefits and the drawbacks?
Mention – Early binding creates strongly typed code which is easier to read and moves the errors to compile time and not runtime. Early binding stops syntax errors which can occur with late bound code.
- Should you keep up with the latest release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
Mention – Whenever you upgrade your CRM your customizations might stop working but you get the new features and fixes. If you delay you have more versions to catch up to.
- How do you keep up with Microsoft Dynamics CRM news?
Mention – Blogs, certifications, Microsoft Dynamics community page
- What is the effect of making a plugin sandboxed?
Mention – CRM online can only deploy Sandboxed plugins and Limitations such as
Access to the file system (C Drive)
system event log
certain network protocols
You cannot access any other DLL’s
IP addresses cannot be used
Only the HTTP and HTTPS protocols are allowed.
In isolated mode, you cannot call any external DLL’s\DLL’s in the GAC
- When do you use OData?
Mention – OData is the primary method to retrieve information from related records
- What Access teams and why would you use them?
Mention – The purpose of access teams are to easily share records with a team of people where the members of the team are not static.
- What is Metadata and how is it used in CRM?
Mention – Metadata is the data about data. CRM has lots of Metadata, types of field, options value, auditing etc. To retrieve Metadata you need use web services, RetrieveEntityRequest for entity Metadata and RetrieveAttributeRequest
- What things should you consider when choosing between CRM online or on Premise?
Mention – The big difference is you can’t see or modify the CRM server and SQL server. CRM Online limitations, such as Sandbox plugins, workflow limit of 200, custom entities 300, storage is a monthly fee.
Dynamics CRM Interview Questions
- Why is code readability important?
Mention – Reading and understanding code is important because code spends most of its time in a maintenance state. Developers will need to read and understand code to extend the code, debug the code.
- Why Code Readability is important If a user complained a particular CRM form is loading slowly, how to investigate, what to look for?
CRM 2011/2013 Investigating CRM Form Performance issues
- If CRM stopped working, what would you check?
Mention – CRM Async services stopped, APP Pool service account password, SQL Server services, Disk space, Active Directory
- What is the POA table and how can it affect performance?
Mention – security, sharing problems.