Hot deployment is cool, but there is a risk of:
- Class-Loader exceptions (more on this later)
- Unrecognized configuration settings
- Lost session/application scoped data
Cold deployment is slow but stable
- Stop JBoss AS
- Optionally delete data/, log/, tmp/, work/
- Redeploy your application(s)
- Start JBoss AS
Learn the core features of JBOSS Traning and become master with our expertise tutorials.
Hot deployment is generally considered safe for:
- Java Server Pages (.jsp) files. They get recompiled automatically by the servlet engine following a change.
- Class files that do not change their public interfaces, especially when there is no RMI involved. This requires full redeployment, so it is still somewhat risky.
For indepth understanding on JBoss click on: